ISC West 2017 is almost here, and that means that it’s time to put together your itinerary. Whether you’re only staying for the week or have decided to extend your trip, we’ve put together a few ideas on what to do outside the conference.
Arriving in Las Vegas before the conference? There’s plenty to do no matter where your interests lie.
- 14th Annual AIREF Golf Classic @ ISC West: Join fellow security professionals on the green for some networking and (hopefully) holes in one. Single golfers, pairs, and foursomes are all welcome, just please be sure to register ahead of time.
- Grand Canyon Helicopter Tours: Enjoy the beauty of the Grand Canyon from up above! Top-rated Sunshine Tours will not only pick you up from your hotel, but they also provide a champagne lunch inside the Grand Canyon.
- Cirque du Soleil – The Beatles: This three-time Grammy Award winning show is something you don’t want to miss. Celebrate the iconic music that is The Beatles, accompanied by aerialists, acrobats, and dancers. Located in a round theater within The Mirage, there isn’t a bad seat in the house.
During ISC West
Jam-packed schedules are the norm, but that doesn’t mean that your limited free time should suffer.
- The Security 5K Run/2K Walk: Join your peers on the morning of April 6th to raise money for children in need. All proceeds to benefit Mission 500 and their goal to sponsor disadvantaged youth around the world.
- Ellis Island Casino & Brewery: Sick of bland, overpriced hotel food? Sneak away to Ellis Island Casino for an incredible meal for under $10. Be sure to ask for the special steak dinner, as it isn’t on the menu. Includes sirloin steak, potato, veggie, and a 24 oz. microbrew from their onsite brewery.
- The Mob Museum: Rated one of the best museums in the country, this gem of a museum takes patrons on an interactive journey throughout the history of the mob. Enjoy $3 off general admission when you book online.
If you need to decompress from ISC West before returning to work, find your zen at the following spas and attractions:
- Conservatory & Botanical Gardens at the Bellagio: This free indoor conservatory boasts 14,000-square feet of trees, plants, and flowers, highlighting the four seasons and Chinese New Year. Enjoy the beauty of the Spring Celebration and the lovely sounds of live music during ISC West.
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub: Conveniently located in The Venetian, Canyon Ranch SpaClub is the top-rated spa in all of Las Vegas. Enjoy a rejuvenating massage that will have you feeling like a brand new person.
- Centaur Art Galleries: Boasting one of the largest collections of Leroy Neiman originals, as well as hundreds of other spectacular pieces, Centaur Art Gallery sets the bar pretty high for other galleries in the area. Take in the beauty of various art throughout the centuries as you make your way around the oldest art gallery in Las Vegas.
We look forward to seeing you at ISC West 2017!