Technology advances in the physical security industry are continually changing and growing at an ever-increasing rate.
To keep up with the changes, interested parties have several options available to them – they can search the Internet for specific information, join an industry association, subscribe to industry magazines or on-line blogs, participate in webinars, and request information directly from the manufacturer.
Another way to keep up with new technology and learn which way the industry is going is to attend a trade show. Large industry trade shows such as ISC West and ASIS provide the perfect venue to see a multitude of new technologies and products, as well as the opportunity to get detailed demonstrations on their integration and implementation. By attending seminars, workshops, in-booth demonstrations and presentations, trade show attendees can enhance their understanding and knowledge of various technologies and gain insight into vertical markets. Many industry-sponsored sessions also allow visitors to earn or renew technical accreditation and certification.
From the manufacturers’ perspective, having an exhibit presence at a trade show supports marketing and sales programs in ways that cannot be achieved with other initiatives. From launching new products to studying the market environment, trade shows provide a unique opportunity for the sales, marketing and management sides of an organization.
- Face-to-face time with customers, even if only for a brief conversation, is a powerful way to connect and trade shows provide the opportunity for this to take place.
- According to data from theCenter for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR.org), 88 percent of the attendees at a trade show usually haven’t been seen by a member of your company’s sales staff in the past year, and 70 percent plan to buy one or more products. A positive interaction can leave a good impression and help acquire a new customer.
- Through product demonstrations, sales and engineering staff can receive important customer feedback that may be used to improve a product or even suggest a new purpose/application for the product.
- Interested individuals can be better qualified for follow-up action.
- Press kits with interesting case studies and informative press releases can help contribute to additional media coverage of the product and/or company. Scheduled interviews or press events make good use of both the journalist’s time and the manufacturer’s time.
- New product displays by other providers offer an ideal opportunity to gather industry intelligence, along with trends or other market information.
- Active participation in prominent industry trade shows can help to position the brand as a leader.
- Trade show activities and materials can be used to create content such as photos, videos, blog posts and so on for social media channels following the event.
- Demonstrating product integrations with technology partners expands the perception of the product’s capabilities.
- In addition to meet and greets with clients that can help to advance the sales cycle, management has the opportunity to meet with potential new technology partners or sales channel representatives.
- Participation in seminars and on panels gives management a platform to showcase the organization and its product solutions to paid attendees. Keynote speaking positions can help establish the speaker as a thought leader.
- Industry association meetings are often held in conjunction with trade shows; attending these meetings can help management create change and advance the industry in ways compatible with the organization.
For these reasons and more, Pelco maintains a presence at numerous domestic and international trade shows throughout the year. In 2017, we will participate in 13 North American shows, six in Canada, eight in Europe/Africa, three in India/Middle East, five in Latin America and two in Asia. At many of these shows, our technology partners will be present in our booth to showcase their integrations with our solutions.
A few examples of these integrations include solutions in analytics, access control systems, POS (Point of Sale) systems, license plate monitoring software and more. Pelco will also be showing some of our own partner integrations in the booths of our technology partners. Our staff will be on hand to talk with you in our booth and in our partners’ booths, and you will also find us as speakers in seminars and panel discussions at these shows.
Attendance and participation at trade shows, conferences and expositions provides a powerful platform and can be valuable to many people – in many ways.
See you at the show.