Surveillance needs are increasing in the 21st century and moving into areas where wireless security camera systems were previously not found. As industries grow in complexity and the types of services being offered, surveillance makes more and more sense. Find out how technology is adapting to these growing needs.
Higher Security Needs In New Arenas
For one, surveillance is becoming increasingly necessary in arenas that did not previously tap into this technology. Improved surveillance solutions are needed in a wide range of industries, including:
- Education: Intelligent video surveillance solutions are needed in schools for all ages. In daycare and preschool settings, for example, they monitor staff members to ensure the children are kept safe and treated right. On college campuses, cameras can increase students’ safety and help deter a wide range of crimes, including assault and theft.
- Traffic Monitoring: When surveillance systems are set up to monitor traffic patterns, potential congestion zones and other problem areas can quickly be detected so that the right agencies can come up with more effective traffic control solutions to improve residents’ commutes.
- Healthcare Industries: In an era when litigation is the go-to for some dissatisfied patients, it’s important for clinics and health centers to have surveillance cameras in place to record exactly what takes place in medical settings.
These are just some of the areas where surveillance cameras are becoming more and more prevalent. To be useful, wireless surveillance systems need to work reliably around the clock while being unobtrusive and keeping the public at ease. As more cameras find their way into both sensitive and unrestricted spaces, they need to blend into the environment without becoming eyesores or raising concerns, and they need to function dependably.
Smarter Video Processing Software
High-quality processing software system is vital for making sense of what the surveillance cameras capture. Video processing software must be able to let the person studying the raw footage be able to accomplish the following:
- Add lighting to clearly make out what’s taking place in low-light environments.
- Zoom in on a face and make out key facial features.
- Use software to find a specific individual in a crowd.
- Filter out rain, snow, glare, and other environmental factors to clearly see the images captured by surveillance cameras.
- Access 360-degree views in real time.
Smart video processing software can integrate with a wide range of applications for additional capabilities, including compatibility with databases to find a match when trying to identify someone through facial recognition software, for example.
Comprehensive Field And Remote Services
Efficiency and accessibility are key in the 21st century, and comprehensive field and remote services ensure that wireless security camera system owners and operators are able to quickly access the technical help needed to configure, troubleshoot, update, integrate, and fix systems.
When upgrades to the latest software release can be done remotely, little or no downtime is experienced. Other remote services can include verification of proper operation, setting changes, and system reconfiguration for better performance.
Sharper Images Available In Real Time
There’s an endless range of applications for wireless surveillance systems, and a nearly infinite number of ways to implement them. There are cases where video is captured 24/7 and watched only when a need arises, and there are companies and agencies that have eyes watching the captured video around the clock as it streams in.
In real-time applications, it’s important that the person surveying the video footage is able obtain clear, sharp images immediately. Blurry images prevent security guards, for example, from seeing what’s really going on in an evolving situation. Today’s surveillance cameras need to capture and stream sharper images in real time to help security teams perform their jobs effectively.
Low-light Surveillance Capabilities
Lighting is not always ideal in areas where cameras are set up. For this reason, wireless surveillance cameras need improved technology to return clearer, more focused images even in low-light environments.
One way a camera can function better in low-light settings is through spectral enhancement and image defog capabilities. With today’s technologically advanced cameras, low-light situations don’t have to be a problem anymore.
How Pelco Is Making A Difference
Our sophisticated commercial security cameras provide a wide range of features that give surveillance teams the advanced capabilities they need to catch issues early and respond to problems quickly.
These features include:
- Wide dynamic range functionality
- Automatic image quality adjustments
- Advanced image processing integrations
- 3D noise filtering
- Low-light performance
- Enhanced tone mapping
- Panoramic coverage
- Sleek designs
- Weather- and vandal-resistant
- High speed and high resolution
We build quality into every camera we design. Pelco is proud to make a difference in every industry imaginable where surveillance improves security and makes life more convenient, safe, and secure for everyone. To learn more about our quality products, contact Pelco today.